Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Print Project


For this print project I used prints and then islamic desgins on top of the print to create this piece. I made my print out of easy cut and then rolled ink on to it in order to get the general picture, the turtle. I used penicl to transfer my drawing of the turtle and the textures onto the easy cut. In order to get the easy cut to work as a print I had to then cut out the lines with a cutting knife. Once I did that I was then able to work with the inks, to get this color I rolled on yellow and turqouise to get this yellow-green/blue-green. Once the ink dried I was able to go back and use other mediums ontop of it. I first used a sharpie to outline the general shape of the turtle, and then I went back and outlined some of the details of the turtel in navy-blue colored pencil. In class we then learned about islamic prints and had to create one of our own. The one I created can be seen in the background of this print, which was created using a purple colored pencil. Lastly this project was also displayed in an art gallery at our local mall this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment