Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ceramics Project




This year one of the major projects I did was a ceramic peice made out of clay. My peice was in the shape of a bowl and was 7 inches in diameter and 3 inches in height. One of the designs elements that was stressed during this project form and how to make a peice that could hold its shape as well as function as artwork. With my peice I used a hump mold to help hold its shape. My peice can be used as decoration or as bowl to hold various items. To create my design I used stencils to create the "four-leaf clover shape" and red clay to paint on the radial design. During this project I learned how to use molds, work with a new medium, and create radial designs. I I had to change anything about this project it would be to take more time working on the wet clay to get all the bubbles out and to keep it smooth. Changing this would make the final outcome of my project just a bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment