Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project


In this project we had to plan a composition of still life objects, make them appear three
dimensional,and create a light source. For my drawing I used lacrosse balls, to set up the compositon i just rolled them around on the table till I liked where they were placed. Then I used a view finder to narrow down my feild of vison, so I could get a better idea of what the drawings composition would look like. Before I started drawing I sketched a thumbnail sketch, which is a small, quick sketch of what your going to create in your drawing. Once I started this project I had to find a way to make my "circles" look like acctual lacrosse balls, to do so I used diffrent color pastles (including black and white) to create areas of lightness and drakness inorder to create the illusion that these shapes are three dementional. I was also able to create a light source by adding shadows underneath my objects and making them darker as they came closer to the object. I also added lightness to the wall and table the closer it appered to the light source.

No comments:

Post a Comment