Saturday, May 25, 2013

Acrylic Painting Project





One of the biggest projects we did this year was our acrylic landscape painting. In order to create my composition I used two different pictures as references; then using my pictures I did a sharpie drawing to find the placement of objects and textures. I also used atmospheric perspective, which is when objects farther away become hazy and appear to be the same hue as the sky. To create atmospheric perspective I used different shades of blue in the sky and ocean. I also used it on my birds as well, to make them appear farther away, by using a darker blue and not giving them a definite shape. I used shadows on the sand to create a light source in this project. For this project we also learned about different color schemes, such as analogous, monochromatic, and complementary. In this project I used the complementary colors blue and orange as my color scheme. I used various types of brush strokes that varied from the typical side to side for the sky, to using sponges for white caps, to small, quick "flicks" to create grass. One other lesson we had to include in this project was the use of value. I was able to include value in my ocean by adding darkness as the water became closer to the horizon line and lightness as the water became closer to the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment